Cape Cod Berry Grunt
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
A "grunt" is a delectable dessert made by dropping biscuit dough on top of boiling hot berries, then steaming or baking the dish.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray an 8-by-12-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, water, and Sugar Twin.
- Cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until berries soften, stirring often and being careful not to crush blueberries.
- Spoon hot blueberry mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, margarine, and skim milk.
- Spoon batter evenly over blueberry mixture. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Divide into 8 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.