Charles River Mud Pie
This decadent and rich dessert lets you choose your own favorite flavor. Firm the pie in the freezer before spreading on the whipped cream.
Serves: Serves 4
- 2 cups coffee ice cream
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup fudge sauce (available at grocery stores), heated
- 1 store-bought graham-cracker or chocolate-cookie-crumb crust
- 11⁄2 cups whipped cream
- Combine coffee ice cream and chocolate ice cream in a large bowl.
- Stir in walnuts, chocolate chips, and fudge sauce.
- Scrape into graham-cracker crust, and press to smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and serve.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.