Cherry Skillet Pudding with Dumplings
These dumplings topped with hot cherry sauce are wonderfully sweet and colorful!
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) tart red cherries, packed in water, undrained
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar Twin
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- In a large skillet, combine dry pudding mix, dry gelatin, 3/4 cup orange juice, water, and undrained cherries.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture starts to boil, stirring often and being careful not to crush cherries.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, Brown Sugar Twin, skim milk, and remaining 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Drop batter by tablespoonful into hot cherry mixture to form 6 dumplings. Lower heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and continue simmering for 6 to 8 minutes or until dumplings are cooked.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.