Chocolate Chip Munch Cookies
Baking healthy cookies is a real challenge, but these chocolate chip cookies fill the bill.
Serves: Serves: 12 (3 each)
- 1/3 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 egg or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1/2 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 3 medium-sized cookie sheets with butter-flavored cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine margarine, sour cream, and egg. Stir in Sugar Twin and vanilla extract.
- Add flour and baking soda. Mix gently just to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls to form 36 cookies. Lightly flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes. Don't overbake.
- Remove cookies from sheets and place on wire racks to cool.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.