Chocolate Express Pie
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
This pie is simple and super-good for all the chocolate lovers in your family.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip Free
- 12 (2 1/2-inch) Nabisco chocolate graham cracker squares, made into crumbs
- 1 (6-ounce) Keebler chocolate piecrust
- 1 tablespoon (1/4 ounce) mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, and water. Mix well using a wire whisk. Blend in Cool Whip Free.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs.
- Add remaining crumbs to pudding mixture. Mix gently to combine.
- Spread mixture into piecrust. Evenly sprinkle reserved graham cracker crumbs and chocolate chips over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 8 servings.
- HINT: A self- seal sandwich bag works great for crushing graham crackers.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.