Chocolate Marshmallow Creme Cake
Just mention chocolate marshmallow creme cake, and your kids will go wild.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine egg whites, egg substitute, vanilla extract, sugars and marshmallow creme in large bowl; mix with electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda in plastic bag; shake until ingredients are blended.
- Pour flour mixture into sugar mixture; mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish; bake 25 to 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely; sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into squares. Cake can be frozen in pieces or whole; thaw at room temperature before serving.
- Egg whites, with no fat or cholesterol, are the purest form of protein.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.