Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
These chocolate and peanut butter truffles taste dangerously rich, but they're low in fat and sugar!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 3/4 cup purchased graham cracker crumbs or 12 (2 1/2-inch) graham cracker squares, made into crumbs
- 1/4 cup Peter Pan reduced-fat peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 1/4 cup Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup Yoplait plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip Free
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, and 2 tablespoons Sugar Twin.
- In another medium bowl, combine dry pudding mix, 2/3 cup dry milk powder, and water. Mix well using a wire whisk.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and remaining 1/3 cup dry milk powder. Blend in vanilla extract, Cool Whip Free, and remaining 2 tablespoons Sugar Twin.
- Reserve 1/4 cup cracker crumb mixture.
- To assemble, sprinkle 2 tablespoons cracker crumb mixture into 4 dessert dishes, top each with 1/4 cup pudding mixture, and spoon about 3 tablespoons yogurt mixture on top. Repeat layers, then top each with 1 tablespoon reserved cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- A self-seal sandwich bag works great for crushing graham crackers.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.