Chocolate Pear Pie
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Whip up a great chocolatey dessert in just minutes with ready-made ingredients.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) pear halves, packed in fruit juice, drained, and 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1 (6-ounce) Keebler chocolate piecrust
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip Free
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) slivered almonds
- Coarsely chop pears and arrange in bottom of piecrust.
- In a large bowl, combine dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, water, and reserved pear liquid. Mix well using a wire whisk. Blend in almond extract and Cool Whip Free.
- Spread mixture evenly over pears. Evenly sprinkle almonds over top.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 8 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.