Chunky Carrot Sandwich Snack
This open-faced sandwich treat gives your children a little taste of all the important food groups-and a lot of kid-pleasing flavor.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1/4 cup Peter Pan reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade spreadable fruit spread
- 1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4 slices reduced-calorie bread
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and fruit spread. Add carrots and raisins. Mix well to combine.
- Spread about 2 full tablespoons of the mixture over each slice of bread.
- Serve at once or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To plump up raisins without "cooking," place in a glass measuring cup and microwave on HIGH for 15 seconds.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.