Citrus Cream Tart
A refreshing variation on key lime pie, this is quick to make
Prep Time: prep 20 mins, plus chilling
Serves: makes 6-8 servings
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1 / 4 cups heavy cream
- two 14oz ( 400g) cans condensed milk
- grated zest and juice of 4 lemons, plus 1 extra lemon for garnish
- grated zest and juice of 4 limes, plus 1 extra lime for garnish
- Mix the cookie crumbs and melted butter together. Press evenly in the bottom of a 9in (23cm) tart pan with a removable bottom. Refrigerate about 1 hour, until firm.
- Process the cream and condensed milk together in a food processor. With the machine running, add the zest and juice of the lemons and limes. Spread in the cookie crust and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to serve, remove the zest from 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime with a vegetable peeler and cut into thin strips. Sprinkle over the tart and serve chilled.
- prep 20 mins, plus chilling
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!