This coconut pudding is similar to flan, a dish that is often served in coconut or caramel versions.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- In a medium saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, and water. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in coconut extract and coconut.
- Evenly spoon mixture into 4 dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.