Coeur à la Crème
These delicious little puddings are made in individual heart-shaped china molds
Prep Time: prep 20 mins, plus draining
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 8oz ( 225g) cottage cheese, drained and sieved
- 1 1 / 4 cups heavy cream, plus more to serve
- 3 tbsp confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- fresh berries, for serving
- Mix the cottage cheese, cream, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl. Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Fold into the cheese mixture.
- Fill 4 individual coeur à la crème molds with the mixture and cover with plastic wrap. Place the molds on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Place the molds and tray in the refrigerator and allow to drain for 2-3 days.
- To serve, carefully unmold the crèmes onto plates. Drizzle with more cream, garnish with the berries and serve chilled.
- prep 20 mins, plus draining
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!