Crunchy Trail Mix
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Take this crunchy trail mix along in a zip-lock bag on your next hike, and you won't run out of energy!
Serves: Serves: 8 (full 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup (3 ounces) chopped dried apricots
- 3 cups (4 1/2 ounces) Wheat Chex
- In a large bowl, combine peanuts, raisins, and apricots.
- Stir in Wheat Chex.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To plump up raisins without "cooking," place in a glass measuring cup and microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.