Dad's Baked Fruit
You can use many different fruits in this dessert recipe, depending on your mood and the season.
Serves: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 (1-lb.) pkg. frozen mixed berries (Approximately 1 cup each blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. Fresh fruit is even better; I've listed frozen for the convenience.)
- 3 TB. granulated sugar
- 2 TB. flour
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking spice or 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 TB. butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- Place berries in an 8 × 8 microwave-safe pie pan or baking pan. Add sugar, flour, and lemon juice and toss together.
- In a separate bowl, mix brown sugar, oatmeal, flour, and spice.
- Add butter by pinching together with your fingers until it's incorporated and a crumble texture.
- Sprinkle evenly over top of fruit and cover dish with plastic wrap.
- Place in microwave and cook on high for seven minutes. Turn once or twice if your microwave does not have a carousel tray.
- Preheat the broiler. Remove plastic wrap and place under the broiler (not too close), and broil for two minutes or until top begins to crisp.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to 20-Minute Meals © 2003 by CWL Publishing Enterprises, Inc., John Woods, President. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit Amazon's website or call 1-800-253-6476.