Dixie Peach Crumb Pie
This scrumptious peach pie features a crumb topping, rather than the standard crust.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 cups (6 medium) peeled and sliced fresh peaches
- 1 (6-ounce) Keebler graham cracker piecrust
- 6 tablespoons purchased graham cracker crumbs or 6 (2 1/2-inch) graham cracker squares made into crumbs
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, nutmeg, and water. Stir in peaches.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and peaches start to soften, stirring often. Spoon hot mixture into piecrust.
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, pecans, and Sugar Twin. Evenly sprinkle crumb mixture over top.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Place pie plate on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Cut into 8 servings.
- A self-seal sandwich bag works great for crushing graham crackers.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.