Easy Gingerbread Cake
This version of gingerbread calls for the addition of tea. You can experiment with different tea flavors of tea if you wish, but the traditional kind is recommended.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar Twin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten, or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup cold tea
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-9-inch cake pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, Sugar Twin, Brown Sugar Twin, ginger, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, egg, molasses, and tea.
- Add liquid mixture to dry mixture. Mix gently just to combine.
- Spread batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 28 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Place cake pan on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Cut into 8 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.