A favorite British dessert, named for the famous school, Eton
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 12oz ( 350g) strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp orange juice or orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 1 / 4 cups heavy cream
- 5oz ( 130g) store-bought meringue cookies
- Combine the strawberries, sugar, and orange juice in a bowl, and crush them with a fork.
- Whip the cream just until stiff peaks form. Coarsely crush the meringues into small bite size pieces-you should have about 2 cups crushed meringues.
- Stir the crushed meringue into the whipped cream. Add the berries and their juices, and fold together. Spoon into dessert cups and serve immediately.
- prep 10 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!