Filbert Applesauce Cake
Applesauce, apple juice, and apple pie spice add apple-y goodness to this filbert applesauce cake -- perfect for a Sunday brunch.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/3 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 egg or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cups Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped filberts or hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-9-inch cake pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream margarine and Sugar Twin. Stir in egg, applesauce, and apple juice. Add baking mix and apple pie spice. Mix gently to combine. Fold in filberts.
- Spread batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place cake pan on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Cut into 8 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.