Fresh Apricot Berry Crisp
Apricots, blueberries, and rolled oats make this sweet treat good for you.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 8 to 10 apricots, peeled and pitted
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Butter Buds, reconstituted
- Nonfat frozen yogurt or whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray 9-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine apricots, blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar, apricot nectar, 2 tablespoons flour and lemon juice; mix well and spoon into baking dish.
- Wipe bowl with paper towel; combine remaining flour, 1 tablespoon sugar, oats, powdered sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon; toss until ingredients are mixed.
- Gradually sprinkle Butter Buds over mixture and toss with hands until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over fruit; bake 45 to 50 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Serve immediately or cool to room temperature and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To reheat, place in ovenproof dish and bake 10 to 15 minutes in 350F oven or microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes, until heated. If desired, serve with nonfat frozen yogurt or whipped topping.
- Apricots, rich in potassium, help balance sodium levels in the blood, lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.