Fresh Berries and Pineapple with Papaya Dip
The crowd will love dipping strawberries into this pineapple-papaya dip.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/3 cup vanilla nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced papaya
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 18 large strawberries with stems
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- Combine sour cream, yogurt, papaya and vanilla extract in food processor or blender; process until smooth and creamy.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours before serving or store in refrigerator up to 3 days. Serve with strawberries and pineapple.
- Nutrient-rich and fat-free papayas aid in digestion. One medium papaya boasts 250 percent of your daily allowance for vitamin C, 29 percent for folate and 16 percent for fiber.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.