Fruit Dipped in Chocolate Sauce
Make your own easy chocolate fondue sauce and cut up your kids' favorite fruits for this fun and healthy dessert.
Serves: serves 4
- fresh fruit, washed, dried, and chilled for 2-3 hours
- 8-10 oz (250-300 g) dark chocolate (minimum 70 percent cocoa solids)
- Cut large fruits into chunks, if necessary, then put all the fruit in a bowl or on a large platter.
- Break the chocolate into pieces, and put it in a bowl set over a pan of hot, but not boiling, water. Leave it to melt.
- Keep the chocolate hot in a fondue pot or over a tealight while the children are dipping fruit into it.
- Don't leave the children unattended while the flame is lit.
- Choose your children's favorite fruit for this fondue-apples, pears, grapes, strawberries, peaches, tangerine segments, chunks of pineapple, bananas, melon-and use organic chocolate, if possible. Have plenty of wooden skewers handy for dipping the fruit into the chocolate.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!