Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
This delicious fruit dessert is a crowd pleaser, and can be prepared in advance.
Serves: 8 servings
- 6-ounce prepared reduced-fat graham cracker crust
- 8-ounce tub fat-free cream cheese with strawberries
- 4 cups various sliced fruit (strawberries, kiwi, mango, pineapple, etc.)
- 1/4 cup apricot or strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Spread the cream cheese evenly on the piecrust.
- Arrange the sliced fruits attractively on top of the cream cheese.
- Heat the preserves in the micro-wave on high for about 30 seconds.
- Mix the preserves with the lemon juice and spread carefully on the fruit.
- Chill before serving.
- This is an excellent make-ahead dessert.
From The Weeknight Survival Cookbook: How to Make Healthy Meals in 10 Minutes by Dena Irwin, R.D. Copyright © 1998 by Dena Irwin. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.