Golden Pecan Pie
This pie blends oats and pecans for a satisfying filling.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated unbaked 9-inch piecrust
- 2 (4-serving) packages JELL-O sugar-free vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar Twin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) quick oats
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place piecrust in a 9-inch pie plate. Flute edges.
- In a medium saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, and water.
- Stir in Brown Sugar Twin and vanilla extract. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add oatmeal and pecans. Mix well to combine. Spread mixture into piecrust.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until filling is firm in center.
- Place pie plate on a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Cut into 8 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.