Good-for-You Bananas Foster
It takes just a little effort to transform a plain old banana into a spectacular ice cream treat!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar Twin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 cups (2 medium) sliced bananas
- 2 cups Wells' Blue Bunny sugar-and fat-free vanilla ice cream or any sugar- and fat-free ice cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine dry pudding mix and water. Stir in Brown Sugar Twin and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Add margarine, rum extract, and banana slices. Mix well to combine.
- Continue cooking until bananas start to soften, stirring often.
- For each serving, place 1/2 cup ice cream in a dessert dish and spoon about 1/2 cup banana mixture over top.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.