This fun, colorful bread will have your kids marveling.
Serves: 12 servings
- 3/4 cup tiny gumdrops
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, optional
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 11/3 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place gumdrops, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and walnut pieces, if desired, in large mixing bowl.
- Beat egg just until the white and yolk are mixed.
- Add egg, oil, milk, and vanilla to dry mixture. Stir until dry ingredients are just wet. The mixture will be lumpy. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Spray loaf pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until golden brown.
From Quick Meals for Healthy Kids and Busy Parents. Copyright © 1995 by Sandra K. Nissenberg, Margaret L. Bogle, and Audrey C. Wright. All rights reserved. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To order this book visit www.wiley.com.