Hawaiian Delight Cobbler
This tropical concoction is full of great fruit flavor, and the coconut and pecans give it a special-occasion crunch.
Serves: Serves: 6
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 2 cups (two 8-ounce cans) pineapple tidbits, packed in fruit juice, drained, and 1/4 cup liquid reserved
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup (one 11-ounce can) mandarin oranges, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter-flavored cooking spray in a large saucepan.
- Combine dry pudding mix, reserved pineapple liquid, and water. Stir in pineapple and mandarin oranges.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring often and being careful not to crush fruit.
- Remove from heat. Stir in coconut extract.
- Spoon hot mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, Sugar Twin, pecans, and cinnamon. Add skim milk. Mix gently just to combine.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto hot fruit mixture to form 6 mounds. Sprinkle coconut evenly over mounds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until biscuits are done.
- Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set for at least 5 minutes. Divide into 6 servings.
- If you can't find tidbits, use chunk pineapple and coarsely chop.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright ฉ 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.