Hawaiian Strawberry Crumb Pie
Strawberry crumb pie is the perfect grand finale to a festive summer supper under the stars.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 (6-ounce) Keebler graham cracker piecrust
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 1/2 cup Diet Mountain Dew
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons purchased graham cracker crumbs or 2 (2 1/2-inch) graham cracker squares, made into crumbs
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Evenly arrange strawberries in piecrust.
- In a medium saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, dry gelatin, undrained pineapple, and Diet Mountain Dew. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring often.
- Remove from heat. Stir in coconut extract. Spoon mixture evenly over strawberries.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut, graham cracker crumbs, and pecans.
- Evenly sprinkle crumb mixture over top. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place pie plate on a wire rack and let set for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cut into 8 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.