Honey-baked Apricots with Mascarpone
This Italian dessert, with just a hint of spice, makes the most of the short apricot season
Prep Time: prep 10 mins
Cooking Time: cook 10 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 4 ripe, juicy apricots, halved and pitted
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp sliced almonds
- pinch of ground ginger or cinnamon
- 2 / 3 cup mascarpone cheese, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400癋 (200癈). Lightly butter a shallow baking dish just large enough to hold the apricots.
- Arrange the apricots in the dish, cut sides up. Brush with the honey, then sprinkle with the almonds and a dusting of the ginger.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the apricots are tender when pierced with the tip of a knife and the almonds are toasted. Serve hot or cooled in dessert glasses, with a dollop of the mascarpone.
- prep 10 mins; cook 10 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!