Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
A truly glorious sundae with chocolate and strawberry ice cream, peaches, and strawberry topping
Prep Time: prep 15 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- 2 peaches
- 8 small scoops strawberry ice cream
- 8 tbsp strawberry ice cream topping
- 4 small scoops chocolate ice cream
- 5oz ( 150ml) heavy cream, whipped
- colored decorating sprinkles, for garnish
- 4 maraschino cherries, for serving
- 8 rolled wafer cookies, for serving
- Place the peaches in a saucepan of boiling water for about 30 seconds, or until the skins loosen. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Peel, pit, and slice the peaches. Divide half of the peach slices among 4 tall ice cream glasses. Top each with a scoop of strawberry ice cream and 1 tbsp of strawberry ice cream topping.
- Repeat with the remaining strawberry ice cream, then the remaining peaches, and remaining topping. Top each with a scoop of chocolate ice cream.
- Top each with whipped cream, a scattering of sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry. Serve immediately, with the cookies.
- prep 15 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright Â© 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!