Lemon and Lime Syllabub
Lemon and lime gives this dish a zesty and refreshing taste.
Prep Time: 15M
Cooking Time: 30M
Serves: Serves 4
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp gin or vodka
- 4-5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 11/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- finely grated lemon zest and lime zest, for garnish (optional)
- Mix the lemon juice and lime juice in a bowl, add the gin or vodka and sugar, and stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour in the cream and beat with a balloon whisk until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Spoon into 4 serving glasses, then refrigerate for 30 minutes. Decorate with lemon zest and lime zest, if using, and serve with small, thin cookies or little shortbread rounds.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!