Lemon and lime tart
Lemon and lime give this tart a refreshing zing.
Prep Time: 1H
Cooking Time: 45M
Serves: Serves 6
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6 tbsp cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- sea salt
- Sift the flour and confectioners' sugar into a bowl with a pinch of salt. Add the butter and cocoa powder and rub together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Add 1-2 tbsp iced water, a little at a time, and gather the mixture together until it comes away from the sides of the bowl. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface and use to line the tart pan. Trim away any excess. Line with parchment paper, then fill with pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the weights and paper and set to one side. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F (170°C).
- Put the eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add the cream, the zest and juice of the lemon and the lime, and beat briefly to combine. Pour the mixture into the tart shell and smooth the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until set. Allow to cool to room temperature, then serve.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!