Most people feel that a cup of coffee or tea requires a piece of fresh baked pastry. These lemon scones will do the trick!
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup Diet Mountain Dew
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix and dry gelatin. Add sour cream and Diet Mountain Dew. Mix gently just to combine.
- Place dough on a piece of waxed paper and pat into a 9-inch circle. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges on prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- Evenly sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon Sugar Twin over top of each.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. Place baking sheet on a wire rack and let set for at least 5 minutes. Good warm or cold. Especially good with blueberry spreadable fruit.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.