Lemon Strawberry Pie
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Blending the ripe strawberry taste with the tangy, tart lemon makes for a light and tasty pie.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 (6-ounce) Keebler shortbread piecrust
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 1/4 cups Diet Mountain Dew
- 3/4 cup Cool Whip Lite
- Reserve 8 strawberry halves. Place remaining strawberries in bottom of piecrust.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry pudding mix, dry gelatin, dry milk powder, and Diet Mountain Dew. Mix well using a wire whisk. Blend in 1/4 cup Cool Whip Lite.
- Spread mixture evenly over strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Evenly drop remaining Cool Whip Lite by table-spoon over top of pie to form 8 mounds. Garnish each mound with a reserved strawberry half.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 8 servings.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.