Everybody loves cheesecake and a little lime gives this recipe great flavor.
Prep Time: 10M
Cooking Time: 4H
Serves: Serves 4
- 4 British digestive biscuits or plain cookies, such as vanilla wafers or graham crackers
- 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
- extra lime zest, for garnish (optional)
- Line the bottom of each of four 6oz (175ml) ramekins with a biscuit. Put the cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth, then beat in the condensed milk until well blended.
- Add the lime zest and lime juice and beat until the mixture becomes thick and glossy. Divide among the ramekins and smooth the tops. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Just before serving, garnish with the extra lime zest, and serve.
- The biscuit base does soften as it chills, but if you prefer a softer base, crumble the biscuit and mix it with a little butter melted in the microwave.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright © 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!