Mango and Papaya Salad
Tropical fruit flavors combine in this refreshing dessert
Prep Time: prep 15 mins
Cooking Time: cook 10 mins
Serves: makes 4 servings
- one 1in ( 2.5cm) piece ginger in syrup, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp syrup from ginger
- 2 tbsp sugar
- grated zest of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 large ripe mango
- 1 large ripe papaya
- 1 small melon such as Ogen or Charentais
- lime wedges, to serve
- Combine the ginger, ginger syrup, sugar, and 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Simmer for 5-6 minutes until slightly reduced. Remove from the heat, stir in the lime zest and juice and the pomegranate seeds. Let cool.
- Peel the mangoes. Use a sharp knife to cut the flesh away from the stones. Slice the mango and arrange the slices on a plate. Halve, seed, and peel the papaya. Cut into wedges and arrange on the mango. Halve and seed the melon. Cut the melon flesh into bite-sized chunks. Add to the mango and papaya.
- Spoon the ginger dressing over the fruit. Serve with lime wedges.
- prep 15 mins; cook 10 mins
Excerpted from The Illustrated Kitchen Bible.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!