Maple Banana Upside-Down Cake
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
This upside-down cake is rich with maple flavor and is crunchy-sweet!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1/4 cup Cary 's Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 2 cups (2 medium) sliced bananas
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/3 cup Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 egg, slightly beaten, or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon one tablespoon of maple syrup into four (1-cup) custard dishes. Place 1 tablespoon walnuts and 1/2 cup bananas in each.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, apple pie spice, and Sugar Twin.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and applesauce. Mix well to combine. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each custard dish.
- Place custard dishes on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place baking sheet on a wire rack and let set for at least 3 minutes. Good warm or cold.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.