Maple Fruit Compote
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
This easy stewed fruit dessert works well with other canned fruits, but the pear-apple combo tastes great.
Serves: Serves: 6 (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup Cary's Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 2 cups (one 16-ounce can) sliced pears, packed in fruit juice, drained and 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 small) cored, unpeeled, and chopped Red Delicious apples
- In a medium bowl, combine maple syrup, reserved pear liquid, and cinnamon.
- Stir in pears and apples.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Gently stir again just before serving.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.