Mexican Chocolate Mousse
This special chocolate mousse dessert is full of unexpected surprises, like tasty bits of almond.
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup Dannon plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup Cool Whip Free
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon (1/4 ounce) chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, combine dry pudding mix, dry milk powder, and water. Mix well using a wire whisk.
- Blend in yogurt. Add 1/3 cup Cool Whip Free, almond extract, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix gently to combine.
- Evenly spoon mixture into 4 dessert dishes. Top each with 1 tablespoon Cool Whip Free.
- Lightly sprinkle remaining cinnamon and 3/4 teaspoon almonds over top of each.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.