Middle Eastern Oranges with Honey
Oranges and honey give this healthy dish a deliciously sweet taste.
Prep Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 4 oranges, preferably seedless
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp rose flower water, to taste
- good pinch of ground cinnamon
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- small handful of chopped, shelled, and skinned pistachios (optional)
- handful of small mint leaves, for garnish
- Slice off the top and bottom from each orange and place them on a cutting board. Carefully slice off the skin and pith, leaving as much flesh as possible, and following the curve of the orange so you maintain their shape. Thinly slice the oranges crosswise, discarding any seeds.Arrange the slices on a serving plate, and drizzle with any juices from the cutting board.
- Next, drizzle the orange slices with the honey and rose-water, and sprinkle with the cinnamon. Scatter the pomegranate seeds and pistachios over the top, then garnish with the mint leaves and serve.
- Cheat...Use a 4oz (115g) package of fresh pomegranate seeds instead of seeding a fresh pomegranate.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!