This simple dessert features chestnut puree and would be great on Christmas or another special occasion.
Serves: serves 4
- 1-lb (500-g) can unsweetened chestnut purée
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 6 tbsp heavy cream or crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp grated bitter chocolate to garnish
- Put the chestnut purée, sugar, and orange juice and zest in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the cream or crème fraîche and blend again.
- Serve heaped in a mound on a pretty dish, topped with the rest of the cream or crème fraîche, and sprinkle the grated chocolate on top.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!