No-Cheat Chocolate Pie
Don't hurry when you're making this chocolate pie -- it has to set properly to let the chocolate layer release all its flavor.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 cups nonfat chocolate sorbet, softened
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat Cool Whip, thawed
- 9-inch low-fat graham cracker crust
- 3 tablespoons nonfat chocolate syrup
- 1 1/4 cups cold skim milk
- 2 (4-serving-size) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- Combine sorbet and 1 cup Cool Whip in large bowl; mix until creamy and smooth.
- Spoon into crust; freeze 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly hardened.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup and freeze while preparing pudding layer.
- Pour cold skim milk into large bowl; add pudding mix and beat with wire whisk until smooth; stir in 1/2 cup Cool Whip and mix well.
- Carefully spoon pudding mixture over chocolate layer; cover and freeze 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer and let stand in refrigerator or at room temperature until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with whipped topping and a little drizzle of chocolate syrup, if desired.
- Chocolate raises levels of the soothing brain chemical serotonin and releases mood-boosting endorphins into the blood.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.