Oregon Trail Berry Crumb Pie
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
The blend of blueberries and raspberries in this crumb pie makes for a distinctive dessert.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free vanilla cook-and-serve pudding mix
- 1 (4-serving) package JELL-O sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 (6-ounce) Keebler graham cracker piecrust
- 2 tablespoons purchased graham cracker crumbs or 2 (2 1/2-inch) graham cracker squares made into crumbs
- 1 tablespoon (1/4 ounce) chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, combine dry pudding mix, dry gelatin, and water. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens and starts to boil, stirring often.
- Remove from heat. Gently stir in blueberries and raspberries.
- Evenly spoon hot mixture into piecrust.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, walnuts, and Sugar Twin. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over fruit filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Place pie plate on a wire rack and let set for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 8 servings.
- A self-seal sandwich bag works great for crushing graham crackers.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.