Panhandle Cheese Muffins
These creamy, cheesy muffins smell great while they're baking, but don't open the oven door! Your patience will be rewarded.
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup (one 2-ounce jar) chopped pimiento, undrained
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 8 wells of a 12-hole muffin pan with butter-flavored cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, Cheddar cheese, Sugar Twin, onion flakes, and parsley flakes. Add skim milk, sour cream, and undrained pimiento. Mix just until combined.
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin wells.
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place muffin pan on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.