Paradise Banana Bread
Macadamia nuts provide a wonderful bit of crunch in this fruitier-than-usual banana bread.
Serves: Serves: 8 (1 thick or 2 thin slices)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 6 tablespoons purchased graham cracker crumbs or 6 (2 1/2-inch) graham crackers, made into crumbs
- 1/2 cup pourable Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped macadamias or walnuts
- 2/3 cup (2 ripe medium) mashed bananas
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, drained
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes no-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, graham cracker crumbs, and Sugar Twin. Stir in macadamia nuts.
- In a small bowl, combine mashed bananas, pineapple, sour cream, and rum extract.
- Add banana mixture to baking mix mixture. Mix gently just to combine.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Place loaf pan on a wire rack and let set for 5 minutes. Remove bread from pan and continue cooling on wire rack. Cut into 8 thick or 16 thin slices.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.