Peach and Apricot Compote
For a light but satisfying summer dessert, look no further than this simple blend of fruit, white wine, honey, and cinnamon.
Serves: serves 4
- 1 lb (500 g) small peaches, pitted
- 1 lb (500 g) ripe apricots, pitted
- 2/3 cup white wine or apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp honey
- yogurt, crème fraîche, or ice cream for serving
- Wash the fruit carefully, coarsely chop, and put it in a pan with the wine or apple juice, the cinnamon stick, and the honey.
- Bring to a boil, turn the heat down, and simmer, covered, for about 10-15 minutes, or until the fruit is soft.
- Chill. Serve with yogurt, crème fraîche, or ice cream.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!