Peaches with Meringue and Raspberry Sauce
Juicy peaches and fresh raspberries make this an instant family favorite.
Prep Time: 15M
Serves: Serves 4
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 meringue shells
- 4 ripe peaches, pitted and coarsely chopped or sliced
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Put the raspberries in a bowl, then purée with a stick blender. Pass the purée through a nylon sieve to remove the seeds.
- Break up the meringues with your hands, then scatter the pieces in one large shallow serving dish, or four individual ones. Top with the peaches, then spoon the raspberry purée over the top, and garnish with lime zest. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Garnish with lemon zest instead of lime.
- Cheat...Use 2 tablespoons of store-bought raspberry purée. It's a great standby that can jazz up desserts in an instant.
- You can make the raspberry purée up to 1 day ahead. Keep it in the refrigerator until required.
Excerpted from The Illustrated Quick Cook.
Copyright Â© 2009 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!