Peanut Butter Brownie Sandwiches
Chocolate and peanuts are always good together. This sandwich, with its contrasting layers, is a great birthday party treat.
Serves: Serves: 12
- 2 (18-ounce) packages fat-free Krusteaz brownie mix
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt (optional)
- Prepare brownies according to package directions (prepare both packages together in 9 x 13-inch baking dish).
- Cool to room temperature; cut brownies into 24 squares.
- Spread each square with 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter, and top with another brownie square; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Wrap brownies individually in freezer wrap and store in plastic freezer bag.
- Defrost at room temperature before serving.
- For a peanut-butter-brownie sundae, top with nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt.
- Ever heard of arachibutyrophobia? It's a fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth!
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.