Peanut Butter Cookies
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Here's a tasty, healthy peanut butter cookie recipe. Be careful not to overbake these, or they'll be too hard.
Serves: Serves: 16 (3 each)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup Peter Pan reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg or equivalent in egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, Sugar Twin, and baking powder. Add oil, water, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and egg. Mix well to combine.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls. Place balls on ungreased baking sheets and flatten with a fork.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Place cookies on a wire rack and allow to cool.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.