Peanut Butterscotch Bars
Type: Desserts and Baked Goods
Kids just love these quick peanut butterscotch bars, and you can feel good knowing that they're as healthy as they are tasty.
Serves: Serves: 8 (2 each)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounces) quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar Twin
- 5 tablespoons Peter Pan reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 egg or equivalent in egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-9-inch cake pan with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, and Brown Sugar Twin.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, egg, vanilla extract, skim milk, and margarine. Mix well using a wire whisk. Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Spread mixture into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place cake pan on a wire rack and allow to cool. Cut into 16 bars.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.