Pears spiced with clove and nutmeg make a light and easy dessert for fall and winter nights.
Serves: serves 4
- 4 pears, peeled
- 4 cloves
- 11/4 cups unsweetened black currant juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp honey
- a generous pinch of nutmeg
- Greek yogurt for serving
- Wash the pears thoroughly, leaving their stems on.
- Stick a clove in each one, and pack them into a small saucepan in which they just fit, stems up.
- Add the black currant juice, lemon zest, honey, and a little nutmeg.
- Simmer, covered, over the lowest possible heat until the pears are tender.
- Take out very carefully and arrange in a dish.
- If necessary, reduce the liquid until it is thick and syrupy; then pour it over the pears and chill.
- Serve with Greek yogurt.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!